An Associate is an Aeronautical or Aerospace professional who:
- holds a UK ordinary degree or international equivalent, OR
- holds a National/Scottish Vocational Qualification (NVQ/SVQ) Level 3 or equivalent, such as a BTEC National Certificate, along with two years’ practical training and one year’s experience at an appropriate level of responsibility, OR
- is a Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer and holds a UK CAA Licence without type rating, or its an international equivalent, and has held the licence for two years OR
- has three years' appropriate experience
Exceptions may be made for those who have made outstanding contributions to Aeronautics or Aerospace.
For full details of the requirements for Associate, click here. (If you are unable to open PDF files, please contact email@example.com for a Word version of the guidance).
Non-members and upgrading members should fill in the Membership Application Form.
Engineers who have an accredited degree that meets the education requirement in full, you can also apply for Interim Registration as a stepping stone to gaining full Chartered or Incorporated Engineer registration.
You may also apply for Engineering Technician. Visit the pages on registration for details.
This grade is designed for those who have just successfully completed their degree who graduated from 2011. The grade offers students all the great benefits the Society has to offer, including the letters ARAeS after their name, for the very reasonable price of £40 for one year. After one year they will automatically be upgraded to Associate of the Society.
Please note that you can only apply for e-Associate if you graduated from 2011 and have graduated with one of the following:
- an undergraduate degree
- an integrated masters’ degree
- a postgraduate degree
Please note that you can not apply for this grade if:
- You are currently studying full time
- You have obtained a BTEC
- You have obtained A-Levels
- You are on an Apprenticeship
If you think you are eligible for e-Associate, please download the application form and then email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we still offer free Student Affiliate membership to all those studying full time. Students can sign up by going to our student membership page.
For further information about Associate or e-Associate please contact Naomi Page at email@example.com