Welcome to the RAeS Human Factors Group
The aim of the Human Factors Group (HFG) is to promote the understanding of the factors that influences the enhancement of human performance and the management of error in all aspects of aeronautics. The scope of the the group's work encompasses UK/Europe, although it is recognised that aviation is an international business.
The HFG's activities are limited to areas where there is most benefit to be gained by its 'customers' - aviation professionals - pilots, navigators, observers, flight engineers, cabin crew, maintenance engineers, technicians, air traffic controllers, operations staff/dispatchers, airport managers, decision makers, financial directors, senior managers, ramp safety personnel, ground ops staff, aerodrome staff, security staff, designers, manufacturers, regulators, unions, industry bodies, safety organisations, government funding agencies, academia, trainers, influencers, consultants, accident investigators, and researchers. And last, but not least, the flying public.
The strategies that the HFG employ include:
- Improving standards of safety by promoting better industry understanding of Human Factors (HF) hazards and techniques for dealing with them.
- Providing communication and education on the importance of HF matters, and on techniques for providing HF training.
- Working with relevant worldwide agencies to achieve a co-ordinated aviation HF strategy.
- Encouraging HF research and development in aviation.Arranging a programme of lectures, conferences and mini-conferences.
- Developing position, discussion and specialist papers.
- Working with other RAeS Specialist Groups and Committees.
- Poviding practical 'front line' advice, guidance and tools, where appropriate, that are useable in the workplace.
For more information, visit the Committee's external website.