Working for the Society
For jobs elsewhere within the aerospace sector, please also review our Society Jobs Board.
Membership Development Officer
The Royal Aeronautical Society (RAeS) - London
Established in 1866, the Royal Aeronautical Society (RAeS) is the world’s only professional body dedicated to the entire aerospace community. The RAeS is currently recruiting for the Membership Development Officer to deliver excellent customer care to members and provide administrative support for the day-to-day running of the Membership Office. This role involves the following:
- Supporting activities to effectively deploy the Society’s membership & communications strategy for the recruitment, retention and engagement of members.
- Representing the Society, promoting membership and Engineering Council registration at relevant external and internal events, exhibitions, and conducting company and student briefings.
- Assisting with the academic accreditation activities
- Assisting with the processing of membership applications and maintaining membership data
- Responding to membership and Engineering Council registration enquiries
- Assisting with the secretariat duties of the Membership and Professional Standards Committees
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level and will have practical experience of administration and working within a membership/customer focused environment. With strong attention to detail and accuracy in data entry, preferably on CRM databases and Microsoft office applications, you will be able to continuously evaluate and improve on tasks and procedures. A vocational qualification in business or administration would be an advantage. Excellent communication and organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure are essential to this role. The Society is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce. It offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Work Life Balance - positive approach to flexible working
- A competitive salary in line with the industry
- Pension Scheme with up to 10% of contribution from the Society
- Holidays – 20 days raising to 25 days after the first year of employment
- Health Cash Plan – employees can claim money back for a wide-range of healthcare costs such as dental, optical etc.
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Free Staff Lunch
Job Type: Full-time
Please click here for the Full Job Description
To apply for the Membership Development Officer Role; email a covering letter and CV to Agnieszka.Thomas@aerosociety.com