Frequently Asked Questions
What do we do?
- Promote the highest professional standards in all aerospace disciplines.
- Provide specialist information and act as a central forum for the exchange of ideas.
- Play a leading role in influencing opinion on aerospace matters.
Who can join?
There is a membership grade for everyone - whether you are an enthusiast, student or working in the aerospace industry.
- The Society's membership is drawn from a diverse range of organisations and fields of expertise, including engineering, design, aircrew and air traffic control.
- Along with those not traditionally regarded as part of the aerospace and aviation industry, such as law, finance, marketing and recruitment.
What does RAeS membership offer you?
Membership grades for students, professionals and enthusiasts. Worldwide professional recognition. Access to global network of 17,000 members in over 100 countries.
The opportunity to register with the Engineering Council as CEng, IEng and EngTech.
- Professional development derived from the Society's international conference and lecture programme.
- Free careers advice and support with professional development throughout your career.
- A wealth of information through monthly publications, the web site and our internationally renowned aerospace reference library and archive resources.
- Preferential rates for the Society's events and conferences held each year.
- Unparalleled professional networking opportunities by attending events and involvement with the Society's Specialist Groups and International Branches.
- Access to a thriving Young Persons Group
- Use of the Airbus Business Suite and the Members Bar
- Access to the Centennial Scholarship Fund.
If you have further questions, please get in touch.