A Branch of the Society was established in Wellington in 1946, and meetings were subsequently held on an occasional basis. Following correspondence with the Society in London, the New Zealand Division was formed on 1 January 1949. The first Divisional Council meeting was held on 8 February of that year. The New Zealand Division is an incorporated society operating independently, but within the Charter and bylaws of the main society. The Division is governed by an elected Council, and operates to rules established in compliance with the requirements for an incorporated society in New Zealand.
Branches of the new Division were established in Canterbury, Wellington, Palmerston North and Auckland in 1949, Hamilton in 1972, and then followed by the establishment of a Branch in Blenheim.
New Zealand Division 2012
Click on a Branch to see full Branch Details